FXRuby is a library for developing powerful and sophisticated cross-platform graphical user interfaces (GUIs) for your Ruby applications. It’s based on the FOX Toolkit, a popular open source C++ library developed by Jeroen van der Zijp. What that means for you as an application developer is that you’re able to write code in the Ruby programming language that you already know and love, while at the same time taking advantage of the performance and functionality of a featureful, highly optimized C++ toolkit.
Projects Using FXRuby
Projects using FXRuby include:
- BeERP is a commercial ERP built entirely with the FXRuby library.
- Discretizer is an interactive mesh creation tool. It can be used to create geometry and meshes for three dimensional flow simulations (CFD).
- foxGUIb is an interactive gui builder and codegenerator for FXRuby. This tool makes it easy to quickly build complex and good looking graphical user interfaces for Ruby.
- FXRI is a FXRuby Interface to RI that supports search-on-typing. FXRI is a small little program that tries to provide the desired information as fast as possible.
- fxtwitter is a simple Twitter client written in Ruby.
- FreeRIDE is an IDE for the Ruby programming language.
If your project uses FXRuby for its user interface, and you’d like to see it listed here, please send me an e-mail with the information.